Glossary of Termsinclude("includes/quote-ad.php") ?>
- Weather-stripping added to bottom section of door to seal the opening along the floor
- Bottom Bracket
- Lifting cables are attached to this structured support
- Cable Drum
- Found on the torsion spring shaft that lifting cables wind around when door is opening.
- Extension Springs
- On either side of the track, often used on lighter doors and single car garages
- Measuring Terms
- Headroom – The amount of space inside the garage between the top of the garage door and the ceiling
Backroom – The inside length of the garage from front to back.
Sideroom – Distance between the sides of the garage door and the side walls of the garage.
- Panels interconnected with hinges and rollers
- Hold the sections flat when the door is in the “up” position
- Torsion Springs
- The way the garage door raises and lowers. Typically one or two along the wall above the door opening for heavier doors and 2 or 3-car garages).
Ready for a Free Estimate
Garage-Doors offers a quick and easy quote form for consumers to use when they wish to request an estimate for their garage door.